Breaking news, trending stories, industry intel.
This is The S/ List.
1. Former Coveteur alum, Stacie Brockman, talked bloggers with Glossy and weighed in on where influencer marketing is going.
“Part of the problem is how many people now think of themselves as influencers. ‘That mentality has convoluted everything,’ creating a bubble, she said. And where there’s a bubble, before long there’s a burst.”
2. When it comes to skin-care, consumers no longer have to choose between organic and luxury.
“A new skin-care line hopes to prove organic can be efficacious as well as sexy.
Launching this week is Ogee, a Certified-Organic and luxury skin-care collection its creators maintain will fill a gap in the luxury skin-care market for a natural brand with a prestige positioning.”
3. True or false: brands can be body positive without offering plus sizes.
“Lingerie brands including Aerie, & Other Stories and Neon Moon have all run unretouched advertisements and proclaimed themselves ‘body positive’ — without offering plus sizes.”
4. Vogue is celebrating the 26th anniversary of George Michael’s “Freedom” with a whole lot of fashion.
“Watch the next generation of mega supermodels—Adriana Lima, Joan Smalls, Anna Ewers, Irina Shayk, Taylor Hill, and more—dressed up in the best looks from the Spring 2017 runways while dancing on the streets of New York City to George Michael’s classic, and still as infectiously upbeat, song.”
5. Mario Testino has gone millennial with the launch of a new content platform.
“Testino’s interest in new media-technology platforms began in earnest when he joined Instagram three years ago. But his curiosity was first piqued before then, when former Burberry chief executive Angela Ahrendts urged him to join Facebook.”