Fall is associated with change, and this year, it is especially true for me as my daughter leaves home and embarks on university life overseas. I’ve planned an extended stay in London, using the iconic Claridge’s hotel as my home base, to help her get sorted. And, while the primary purpose of this trip is to get Chloe settled, I’m also selfishly looking forward to spending time in one of the cities I love most—and during Fashion Week, too. It’s tough to get a dinner reservation at The Ivy and Chiltern Firehouse during this time, but I’m up for the challenge, and I’m also looking forward to navigating the tube and going on walks in Hyde Park. In London, anything goes, and I find that wonderfully liberating.
1. My first stop is to John Lewis to pick up bed sheets and towels for my daughter’s dorm room.
2. I love having an assortment of coats with me and MSGM has a fabulous new leopard-print option with a soft pink back.
4. My sons will be joining me, and I’m excited to take them to see Matilda at the Cambridge Theatre.
5. No trip to London would be complete for a seven and a nine-year-old boy without a visit to the Tower of London.
6. I’m packing a Giambattista Valli pantsuit for the trip; it’s easy to wear and looks so polished.
7. I love to accessorize with a black fringe bag—it feels instantly front-row-ready.