Since its inception, women have played a significant role in defining the Mercedes-Benz brand. With an ongoing partnership with Women’s Executive Network (WXN), She’s Mercedes, has made a commitment to supporting the next generation of extraordinary professionals and exemplary role models to connect on a global scale.
The Mercedes-Benz Emerging Leaders Award recognizes women who have excelled within their workplace showing immense leadership and high-achievements in each their unique industries. “It’s important to bring together strong women, celebrate their accomplishments and support their ongoing success and mentorship of others,” said Virginie Aubert, Vice President of Marketing at Mercedes-Benz Canada.
We had the opportunity to be amongst the inspiring group for a day of networking, conversation, and off-road driving at the Canadian Tire Motorsport Park. The day began with a hands-on training session led by Melanie Paterson, one of the industry’s most accomplished drivers and instructors. After reviewing the state of the art features on our fleet of 2020 GLE 450 SUVs, we were off. Thanks to the incredible suspension and rough terrain capability, we were able to master the winding trails and steep inclines with confidence.
The influential group were honoured last night at Canada’s Most Powerful Women: Top 100 Awards Gala in Toronto. Congratulations to the 2019 Mercedes-Benz Emerging Leaders Award Winners, we can’t wait to see what’s the remarkable women will accomplish next.
- Frances Donald – Managing Director, Chief Economist and Head of Macro Strategy, Manulife
- Justine Janssen – Senior Vice President, Strategic Initiatives, Ceridian
- Tevi Legge – Managing Director Everyday Financial Services, ATB Financial
- Gwen Madiba – President, Equal Chance
- Carolyn McPherson – Associate Vice President, Backyard Living and Seasonal Canadian Tire Corporation, Ltd.
- Mavis Shang – Vice President, Pricing and Analytics, RBC Insurance
- Hélène Timpano – Senior Vice-President, Operations, Kinross Gold Corporation
- Annesley Wallace – Senior Vice-President, Pension Services and Communications, OMERS
- Tara Wilson – Senior Vice President and General Manager, Income Access
- Zoya Zayler – Canada Inclusion and Diversity Lead, Accenture