Guests arriving soon for an impromptu dinner party under the stars? There’s a way to pull it all together in a flash and make the whole thing look effortless. Toss a summer salad, put together some wild garden flowers, light some candles, and treat yourself and your guests to a Grey Goose Vodka cocktail. Take a sip and follow these steps for a night nobody will forget because any moment, no matter how big or small, is worth celebrating.
SONGS OF SUMMER
Before the night begins, think about the overall mood for the evening ahead and creating it through music. The right playlist has the power to set the vibe for any outdoor summer dining event, so it’s important to choose carefully. Cue up something soulful with selections from Nina Simone, Solange, and Blood Orange, and let it play on softly all night long. Your guests will be humming the catchiest tunes for days afterwards.
My baby just cares for me by Nina Simone
It Is What It Is by Blood Orange
Time (is) by Solange
King City by Majid Jordan
Trivial Motion by Shy Girls
LMK by Kelela
In My Dreams by Kali Uchis
Work by Charlotte Day Wilson
When dining outdoors, the perfect meal strikes an ideal balance between the sweetest and saltiest flavours of the season. Treat your guests and yourself to a salad made up of fresh and locally-sourced melon and prosciutto, a classic combination that is especially satisfying for dinner when mixed together with summer’s finest heirloom tomatoes, burrata, and herbs. Toast some Italian flatbread and serve the dish family style for 4 to 6 guests. The most memorable meals, after all, are shared meals.
- 1.5 lb ripe heirloom tomatoes of different colours
- 1 cantaloupe segmented and sliced into chunks roughly the same size as the tomatoes
- 15 thin slices of prosciutto
- 1 cayenne or jalapeno chilli (seeded if desired) sliced into thin rounds • 1 300 g burrata fresh as can be
- 4 tablespoons of good quality olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- A handful of mint leaves sliced into chiffonade
- A handful of basil leaves sliced into chiffonade
- Combine half the tomatoes, cantaloupe and chilli in a salad bowl or on a platter and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Drape 3/4 of the prosciutto over and around the fruit.
- Add the remaining tomatoes, and top with the last little bit of prosciutto and season again.
- Rip the burrata into chunks carefully over the bowl or platter. It’s going to be milky and cheesy inside and you want to save all that and let it mix in with the juice and dressing and scatter over the salad.
- Swirl a generous slug of olive oil over and around everything and follow suit with the balsamic vinegar.
- Scatter the herbs over top and serve.
Inspire some creativity around the dinner table by allowing guests to mix up their own cocktail, starting with Grey Goose Vodka and building with summer’s freshest fruit flavours. The best way to make memories, after all, is by getting your guests involved in the process!
Lavender Pressé Ingredients
- 2 parts Grey Goose Vodka (or Grey Goose Le Citron, Grey Goose La Poire, Grey Goose L’Orange)
- 1 part fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1tsp fine granulated white sugar (or omit – to taste) • 2.5 parts soda water (we suggest Perrier)
- Mix all over cubed ice and stir.
- Garnish with fresh lavender and a wedge of lemon.