Breaking news, trending stories, industry intel.
This is The S/ List.
1. October 22 has been declared National Pantsuit Day.
“Saturday is being declared National Pantsuit Day, when men and women will gather in Lower Manhattan, wearing pantsuits of all stripes and colors and, according to the invitation, march in “shoulder-padded unity” across the Brooklyn Bridge to Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton’s headquarters, culminating in a full-on pantsuit party.”
2. Gigi Hadid admitted that her runway walk is “not the best.”
“While talking about her early modeling days, she acknowledges the criticism that has dogged her throughout her career: That, despite scoring piles of coveted runway jobs, she’s not exactly destined to go down as one of the greatest catwalkers.”
3. At the third and final presidential debate, Donald Trump’s famous line was laughable, literally.
“Trump responded by denying the allegations, which has been his strategy thus far. He then blamed the Clinton campaign for producing his accusers, and he topped the whole thing off with: ‘Nobody has more respect for women than I do.’
Again, this is a line he’s used before. But this time, the audience straight-up laughed.”
4. Tesla has announced that all vehicles will be equipped with full self-driving capability.
“Enhanced Autopilot adds these new capabilities to the Tesla Autopilot driving experience. Your Tesla will match speed to traffic conditions, keep within a lane, automatically change lanes without requiring driver input, transition from one freeway to another, exit the freeway when your destination is near, self-park when near a parking spot and be summoned to and from your garage.”
5. The Karl Lagerfeld-designed lobbies of the Toronto Art Shoppe Lofts + Condos will definitely have his touch.
“The lobbies have a lot of mirrors, a lot of glass, mosaics on the floor instead of carpets and a chandelier designed with chains. There is also a lot of lacquer, ‘not because I’m Karl Lacquerfeld, mais bon,’ he noted.”