Breaking news, trending stories, industry intel.
This is The S/ List.
1. Lady Gaga’s highly-anticipated album is available today.
“Fans already knew that Gaga’s fifth studio album, out Friday, would be a departure. In between the release of her last proper pop album, Artpop, and now, she’s undergone a complete public-image makeover, changing the way fans hear (teaming up with Tony Bennettto record a jazz album) and see (trading her red-carpet meat dresses for classic Hollywood glam) the chameleonic star.”
2. Does your budget need therapy? A new field looks to rehab your emotionally-charged spending habits.
“Financial therapy is a relatively new field that combines the nuts-and-bolts “this is what you should do with your cash” advice you would receive from a financial advisor with the “this is how you can reframe your emotions” redirecting you’d expect from a particularly hands-on cognitive-behavioral therapist.”
3. The 2017 Met Gala theme has been released.
New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art has today confirmed that the theme for its annual Costume Institute exhibition and Met Gala will be Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garçons.
4. Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton tried to play nice at the Al Smith Dinner.
“Just one day after the nightmare that was the final presidential debate, best friends Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump sat in a room together at the Al Smith dinner and tried to pretend like they don’t hate each other’s guts.”
5. Cara Delevingne is the subject of an upcoming documentary.
“In a pre-American Film Market move, Revolver Entertainment has acquired the documentary ‘The Cara Project,’ which explores Cara Delevingne’s transition from a model to actress.”