Earlier this month, Chanel turned Paris’s Grand Palais into a spectacular fall wonderland for its Fall/Winter 2018 Ready-to-Wear show. Karl Lagerfeld conjured up an enchanted, lifelike forest complete with a floor covered with piles and piles of autumn leaves and moss-covered trees that lined the runway. The storied French fashion house wrapped its models in classic tweed ensembles and impressive outerwear that were elegantly elevated by a minimal, yet ultra-radiant beauty look created backstage.
The makeup team enhanced models’ natural beauty with strong brows, highlights around the eyes, unexpected, gold-smattered cheekbones; and subtle pink lips. “Beige and gold are timeless and so strong as a makeup look to dress the face,” comments Chanel’s national makeup artist for Canada, Julie Cusson, on the standout combo of metallic and bronzy hues that were used. “By sweeping these shades on eyes and cheekbones, it brings both luminosity and deepness,” she says. It’s that striking glow and depth that make this makeup look an ultimate one to recreate, no matter the season.
Here, we dish on how to mirror the look, right down to the hero Chanel makeup products that were used.
GET THE LOOK:
1. Start with Le Teint Ultra Fluid Foundation ($67) to even out your skin tone.
2. Apply Palette Essentielle Conceal and Highlight Palette ($85) under the eyes to complete a flawless complexion.
3. Use Stylo Sourcils Waterproof Defining Longwear Eyebrow Pencil ($38) to fill in uneven areas and intensify brows.
4. Define eyelids with sweeps of gold, brown, and beige shimmery eyeshadow from Les Beiges Healthy Glow Natural Eyeshadow Palette in Deep ($70, available May 1) for an ultra-soft smokey eye.
5. Bring out lashes with Le Volume De Chanel Mascara in N°10 Noir ($41).
6. Accentuate cheekbones by applying Les Beiges Healthy Glow Luminous Multi-Colour Powder (available May 1) to the apples of your cheeks.
7. For a next-level, golden highlight, think outside the box by applying Ombre Première Longwear Powder Eyeshadow in N°34 Poudre d’Or ($40) in a C-shaped motion from the top of the cheekbone and up toward the temple.
8. Finish off the look with rose-flushed lips using Rouge Coco Lip Blush in N°414 Tender Rose ($37).
Chanel Beauté is available at all Chanel beauty counters.